Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Up! day 6

Well I got up this morning around 5:30pm. Woke up to a PBS special about old people singing in a choir and how some were dying every week, well because they are old. So it was quite a life sobering thing to wake up to, but nonetheless very interesting. Anyway it has been my dream to wake up at 5:30am, but I've been fighting with my dream of working until 5:30am. Can't seem to do both and have been leaning more on the side of working late into that night rather than waking up early. Well, as a part of my detox program I wanted to try to start waking up early, but the first week was supposed to be about 7 days of getting normal sleep. Which I've been doing, but I've kind of been anxiously wanting to change slightly into my old sleeping habits in order to get more work done. I am aware that if I go crazy on the no sleeping then I will feel like crap and nothing will get done. So I'm being pragmatic and methodical about it, and am actually going to plan my no sleep days. I kind of cheated in order to get up at 5:30 today. I slept on the sofa with the TV and light on, that usually ensures a few wake-ups throughout the night, including potty breaks. All of those things did occur, and I was able to get up. But my thoughts are it would be better to sleep in the dark for 5 hours straight with no interruptions, however whenever I try that I can't get up until I get my full 8 hours. Soooo...anyhoot. I made my pappy breakfast and myself breakfast and did some more writing. It is CLEAR that at this location with the peacefulness of not having construction, trucks and general dorm life noises, that waking up early and working is Great! So even though I'm a few days ahead of schedule I'm going to try to continue this, so I can get some peaceful writing done. And perhaps take naps during the day as RB has suggested.

No comments: