Monday, January 25, 2010

Preparing to leave detox, hoping for halfway house

Well this will be my final week in intensive rehab/detox. I've accomplished the basics and identified my problem areas. Mainly I'm too easily distracted and I can't have any distractions if I want to finish a thesis. I received a recommendation from someone to turn my cell phone completely off, not just on silent, and of course to turn off all the IMs like I did during the initial week. I am also planning to have some things in place for my return to school so that I can handle things much better. Like I said, I know what the problems are but I need strategies to deal with them. In therms of the wedding, I think all we *have* to do is get the invitations out. This does include, blocking off the hotel rooms and registering, but I think we can handle those in one day. I also sent a draft of chapter 1 to my advisor, so that's good. There have been many personal changes I have made too. This is all short-term, the point is to complete my thesis no matter what. And make whatever necessary and uncomfortable adjustments in order to maximize my work and finish. I'm on the hook for an abstract at the end of the month, based on my select-scans procedure. So I'll be leaving rehab on Wed/Thurs. and I have some things in place for my return. I look forward to R.B., my own bed, and boxing.

1 comment:

SolidMastery said...

Great work.
Have you also discovered some work hacks during you detox that gave you leverage on yourself?

How does your overall productivity compare with your productivity level on campus?